A Level Physics online course overview
Students of the Edexcel A Level Physics online course will be expected to demonstrate and apply the knowledge, understanding and skills described in the content for each topic below. In addition, they will be expected to analyse, interpret and evaluate a range of scientific information, ideas and evidence using their knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Physical quantities and units; Measurement techniques
- Kinematics; Dynamics; Forces, density and pressure; Work, energy and power; Deformation of solids
- Waves; Superposition; Electric fields; Current of electricity; D.C. circuits; Particle and nuclear physics
- Motion in a circle; Gravitational fields; Ideal gases; Temperature; Thermal properties of materials; Oscillations;
- Communication; Capacitance; Electronics; Magnetic fields; Electromagnetic induction; Alternating currents; Quantum physics
Students of the Edexcel A Level Physics online course will sit three written papers. Additional practical components will be available to achieve the practical endorsement that goes alongside the A-Level qualification, to gain a certificate of competency.
There are no prior learning or other requirements for this qualification. Students who would benefit most from studying this qualification are likely to have a Level 2 qualification such as a GCSE in Double Award Science or Physics.
Students can progress from this qualification to:
- A range of different relevant academic or vocational higher education qualifications
- Employment in a relevant sector
- Further training
Students based in the UK have the option to pay annually, per term or monthly:
Paying per term:
Starting from September, three payments of £500 due at the beginning of each term.
Monthly payments (UK only):
Starting in September you can pay 10 monthly payments of £150 via Direct Debit.