ONLINE A LEVEL PHYSICS COURSE OVERVIEW
Students of the Edexcel A Level Physics online course will be expected to demonstrate and apply the knowledge, understanding and skills described below. In addition, they will be expected to analyse, interpret and evaluate a range of scientific information, ideas and evidence using their knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Physical quantities and units; Measurement techniques
- Kinematics; Dynamics; Forces, density and pressure; Work, energy and power; Deformation of solids
- Waves; Superposition; Electric fields; Current of electricity; D.C. circuits; Particle and nuclear physics
- Motion in a circle; Gravitational fields; Ideal gases; Temperature; Thermal properties of materials; Oscillations;
- Communication; Capacitance; Electronics; Magnetic fields; Electromagnetic induction; Alternating currents; Quantum physics
Students of the Edexcel Physics A Level course will sit three written papers.
Additional practical skills components will be available; offering a practical endorsement that goes alongside the A-Level qualification. The student will gain an additional certificate of competency.
There are no prior learning or other requirements for this qualification. Students who would benefit most from studying this qualification are likely to have a Level 2 qualification. This might be a GCSE in Double Award Science or Physics, for example.
Students can progress from this qualification to:
- A range of different relevant academic or vocational higher education qualifications
- Employment in a relevant sector
- Further training