AS and A Level Biology online course overview
Students of the Edexcel A Level Biology online course will be expected to demonstrate and apply the knowledge, understanding and skills described in the content for each topic below. In addition, they will be expected to analyse, interpret and evaluate a range of scientific information, ideas and evidence using their knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Biological Molecules
- Cells, Viruses and Reproduction of Living Things
- Classification and Biodiversity; Exchange and Transport
- Energy for Biological Processes; Origins of Genetic Variation
- Microbiology and Pathogens; Modern Genetics; Ecosystems
Students of A Level Biology online will sit three written papers. Additional practical components will be available to achieve the practical endorsement that goes alongside the A-Level qualification, to gain a certificate of competency.
There are no prior learning or other requirements for this qualification. Students who would benefit most from studying this qualification are likely to have a Level 2 qualification such as a GCSE in Double Award Science or Biology.
Students can progress from this qualification to:
- A range of different relevant academic or vocational higher education qualifications
- Employment in a relevant sector
- Further training