IGCSE History Online Course
The aims and objectives of this qualification are to enable pupils to:
- Develop and extend their knowledge and understanding of specified key events, periods and societies in history; and of the wide diversity of human experience
- Engage in historical enquiry to develop as independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers
- Develop the ability to ask relevant questions about the past, to investigate issues critically and to make valid historical claims by using a range of sources in their historical context
- Develop an awareness that different people, events and developments have been accorded historical significance and how and why different interpretations have been constructed about them
- Organise and communicate their historical knowledge and understanding in different ways and reach substantiated conclusions.