IGCSE Computer Science Online Course
Computer Science will enable students to develop their understanding of the main principles of problem solving using computers. They will apply their understanding to develop computer-based solutions to problems using algorithms and a high-level programming language. Students also develop a range of technical skills, as well as being able to effectively test and evaluate computing solutions. Studying Computer Science will help learners appreciate current and emerging computing technologies, the benefits of their use and recognise their potential risks.
The International GCSE in Computer Science we follow will enable pupils to:
- computational thinking, that is thinking about what can be computed and how, and includes consideration of the data required
- understanding of the main principles of solving problems by using computers
- understanding that every computer system is made up of sub-systems, which in turn consist of further sub-systems
- understanding of the component parts of computer systems and how they interrelate, including software, data, hardware, communications and people
- skills necessary to apply understanding to solve computer-based problems using a high-level programming language.
Pupils can choose additional subjects including Computer Science GCSE online for an added fee per subject, per year.
Additional subjects are charged at an extra cost per subject. This fee can either be paid in full or added to monthly (UK only) and termly payments across the year.