IGCSE Biology course details
The GCSE Biology online enables pupils to:
- Learn about unifying patterns and themes in biology and use them in new and changing situations
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of biological facts, terminology, concepts, principles and practical techniques
- Apply the principles and concepts of biology, including those related to the applications of biology, to different contexts
- Evaluate biological information, making judgements on the basis of this information
- Appreciate the practical nature of biology, developing experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate data and experimental methods, drawing conclusions that are consistent with evidence from experimental activities and suggesting possible improvements and further investigations
- Recognise the importance of accurate experimental work and reporting scientific methods in biology
- Select, organise and present relevant information clearly and logically using appropriate vocabulary, definitions and conventions
- Develop a logical approach to problem solving in a wider context
- Select and apply appropriate areas of mathematics relevant to biology as set out under each topic
- Prepare for more advanced courses in biology and for other courses that require knowledge of biology.
Pupils can choose additional subjects including IGCSE Biology for an extra £400 per subject per year.
Additional subjects are charged at an extra £400 per subject. This fee can either be paid in full or added to monthly (UK only) and termly payments across the year.