Who is the course designed for?
This course is suitable for learners at KS2 and KS3. Students will experience firsthand how knowledge gained in their Science and Maths studies can be applied to real-world problem solving. The course aims to deepen students’ understanding of the four subjects and the links between them, as well as encouraging their curiosity and ingenuity.
How is the course planned and assessed?
InterHigh’s STEM course is also a project-based course. There are some ‘micro-projects,’ which introduce a concept and quickly require students to think ‘on their feet,’ applying what they have learned previously in Science or Maths to solve a problem. Longer projects last for one term and students are assessed on skills developed in the following areas:
- Communication and collaboration
- Effective and efficient planning
- Creativity and curiosity
- Critical and courageous thinking
- Microprojects on drones, electric vehicles, microplastics and zero mass water
- Sustainable homes
- Symmetry in nature, art and architecture