The International GCSE in Spanish will enable pupils to develop:
- Understanding and use of written forms of the language, in a range of familiar andpractical contexts, and for a variety of purposes
- Understanding and use of the spoken forms of the language, in a range of familiarand practical contexts, and for a variety of purposes
- The ability to communicate effectively in thelanguage through the written word,using a range of vocabulary and structures
- The ability to communicate effectively in the language through speaking, using arange of vocabulary and structures
- A knowledge and understanding of the language grammar and its practicalapplication
- A knowledge and understanding of countries and communities where the language eis spoken
- Positive attitudes towards modern foreign language learning
- A suitable foundation for further study of the language, or another language
It costs £3,000 a year to study 8 core iGCSE subjects at InterHigh in Key Stage 4 (Years 10 & 11). Pupils can choose additional subjects including Spanish for an extra £400 per subject per year.
Additional subjects are charged at an extra £400 per subject, this fee is required to be paid in full before it is added to the pupils timetable.