This qualification is a GCSE, the exams are available in the UK only. Pupils will be able to:
Use specialist vocabulary, psychological concepts, terminology and convention to engage in the process of psychological enquiry
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of psychology, developing an understanding of self and others, and how psychological understanding can help to explain everyday social phenomena
- Understand how psychological research is conducted, including the role of scientific method and data analysis
- Present information, develop arguments and draw conclusions through a critical approach to psychological evidence, developing as reflective thinkers
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between psychology and personal, moral, social and cultural issues, and develop an understanding of ethical issues in psychology
- Develop an understanding of psychological issues, the contribution of psychology to individual, social and cultural diversity, and how psychology contributes to society
It costs £3,000 a year to study 8 core iGCSE subjects at InterHigh in Key Stage 4 (Years 10 & 11). Pupils can choose additional subjects including Psychology for an extra £400 per subject per year.
Additional subjects are charged at an extra £400 per subject, this fee is required to be paid in full before it is added to the pupils timetable.