Film Studies GCSE
This qualification is a GCSE, available in the UK only. Pupils will be able to:
- Develop their interest and enjoyment of film in its national and global contexts and begin to develop an appreciation of cultural diversity through the close study of a wide range of films
- Develop a critical and investigative approach to films, the film industry and film audiences
- Study patterns of similarity and difference across a range of films
- Recognise the ways in which films represent people, places, ideas, issues and events to different audiences
- Recognise the ways in which film technologies shape film productions
- Recognise and explore the creative possibilities of film and film products
- Engage with aesthetic, technical, economic, ethical and moral issues as they arise in their study of film, film audiences and the film industry
It costs £3,000 a year to study 8 core iGCSE subjects at InterHigh in Key Stage 4 (Years 10 & 11). Pupils can choose additional subjects including Film Studies for an extra £400 per subject per year.
Additional subjects are charged at an extra £400 per subject, this fee is required to be paid in full before it is added to the pupils timetable.