English Language IGCSE
We follow the International GCSE in English Language. This enables pupils to:
- Read a wide range of texts fluently and with good understanding
- Read critically and use knowledge gained from wide reading to inform and improve their own writing
- Write effectively and coherently using Standard English appropriately
- Use grammar correctly, punctuate and spell accurately
- Acquire and apply a wide vocabulary alongside knowledge and understanding of grammatical terminology, and linguistic conventions for reading, writing and spoken language
- Listen to and understand spoken language, and use spoken Standard English effectively. Spoken language will be reported as a separate grade on the student’s certificate
It costs £3,000 a year to study 8 core iGCSE subjects including English Language at InterHigh in Key Stage 4 (Years 10 & 11). Pupils can choose additional subjects for an extra £400 per subject per year.
Students based in the UK have the option to pay annually, per term or monthly. International students based outside the UK can pay annually or per term:
Paying per term:
Years 10/11 – Starting in September, three payments of £1,000 for the Autumn, Spring and Summer.
Monthly payments (UK only):
Year 10/11 - Starting in September you can pay 10 monthly payments of £300.