Double Award Science IGCSE
We follow the International GCSE in Science (Double Award). This enables pupils to:
- Learn about unifying patterns and themes in science and use them in new and changing situations
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of scientific facts, terminology, concepts, principles and practical techniques
- Apply the principles and concepts of science, including those related to the applications of science, to different contexts
- Evaluate scientific information, making judgements on the basis of this information
- Appreciate the practical nature of science, developing experimental and investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques
- Analyse, interpret and evaluate data and experimental methods, drawing conclusions that are consistent with evidence from experimental activities and suggesting possible improvements and further investigations
- Recognise the importance of accurate experimental work and reporting scientific methods in science
- Select, organise and present relevant information clearly and logically using appropriate vocabulary, definitions and conventions
- Develop a logical approach to problem solving in a wider context
- Select and apply appropriate areas of mathematics relevant to science as set out under each topic
- Prepare for more advanced courses in science and for other courses that require knowledge of science.
Double Award Science is one of 8 core iGCSE subjects you can study at InterHigh in Key Stage 4 (Years 10 & 11) for £3,000 a year. Pupils can choose additional subjects for an extra £400 per subject per year.
Students based in the UK have the option to pay annually, per term or monthly. International students based outside the UK can pay annually or per term:
Paying per term:
Years 10/11 – Starting in September, three payments of £1,000 for the Autumn, Spring and Summer.
Monthly payments (UK only):
Year 10/11 - Starting in September you can pay 10 monthly payments of £300.